How to Choose a Web Design Company? Part 2
Finding suitable Web Designers is both the easiest and hardest part of the task of choosing a suitable web design company.
Finding Suitable Web Designers
Finding suitable Web Designers is both the easiest and hardest part of the task of choosing a suitable web designer. Easy, because just tapping web designers into one of the major Search Engines, like Google, will bring up a list of thousands to choose from. Hard, because you need to narrow the Search Engine results down before you even start to think about creating a short list. Not to mention looking at other sources. How you go about getting a manageable list of potential designers will depend on a number of factors.
If you are a large multi-national you probably don’t care about how far away the designer is to your staff engaged in the project. On the other hand, if you are a small company you may feel more comfortable working with a locally based web designer or web design company of a similar size to your business, rather than one of the big web design companies out there.
So think about:
- Localising your internet search,
- Using Local Directories,
- Check out your Clients’ websites to see if any of them have sites similar to what you are after,
- Check out your Suppliers’ websites, to see if any of them have sites that meet your requirements,
- Word of Mouth,
- Using a recognised Trade Body, like the UK Web Design Association
- Using Review sites, such as Checkatrade, BT Tradespace, FreeIndex, Ratedpeople etc.
This tutorial continues under Part 3 -link below.