Why Use Video on Your Landing Pages?
We all know that content is king when it comes to both user engagement and search engine optimization. If a picture paints a thousand words, just think what the impact of a carefully considered digital video on your landing pages could be. Video is a valuable visual rich marketing tool for your landing pages that can engage visitors and help get you message across to potential customers.
Impact of Video on Converion Rates
A study by Eyeview shows that using a carefully considered video on landing pages can increase conversion rates by up to 80% and, in some cases, more. Video on the web has had a similar dramatic impact on the way content is consumed to that which resulted when TV was introduced into the home in the last century. So much so that today, YouTube has become the web’s “second search engine”. What’s more, with access to data through mobile devices soaring, consumers expect to be able to access data 24/7 from wherever they are. As reported in our news item posted on 6 February - Internet Access - Mobile Devices poised to Overtake Desktops, Cisco’s Visual Networking Index Forecast predicts that by 2018 mobile video will be 69 percent of global mobile traffic, an increase of 16 percent over 2013.
Reasons why video can increase your landing page conversion rates
There are a number of reasons why video can increase your landing page conversion rates, some of which are listed below:
- Visitor’s attention spans are much shorter than they used to be – video can overcome this problem by not only grabbing someone’s attention but also by engaging them; making them hungry to know more.
- It is far quicker to digest visual messages than read text - as the saying goes a picture paints a thousand words.
- Videos help customers see how your products will fit into their lifestyle.
- Short videos are ideal for product demonstrations.
- Videos increase the length of time people stay on your page, giving your brand message longer to sink in.
- If you feature yourself or company employees in the video, the trust factor is raised significantly.
- Videos can be customized to suit your target audience.
CGT offers a number of video and audio production training courses, including using Adobe software and iMovie, that are ideal for small business owners who want to take control of their own web based advertising material, be it for upload to their own website, YouTube or Vimeo. For further information visit our Multimedia training page or contact us on 01732 833 004 today.
- Tuesday, 01 November 2016