Joomla Content Management System is a great website tool for a modular and expandable, fully customisable websites. Version 2.5 became “end of life” in December 2014, so it is important to consider either upgrading your website now if the version you are currently running is less than this or to plan an upgrade all the way up to Version 3 as soon as possible.
So, why should you upgrade your website to Joomla 3?
If you have been considering upgrading your Joomla website to Joomla 3, CGT has some points you should consider.
- Security - The #1 reason to upgrade to Joomla 3 is to stay up to date with the latest security patches and features in Joomla. Stronger password encryption and authentication methods are just a couple of new features in Joomla
- Mobile Administration - Manage your website wherever you are with your smartphone or tablet devices. The Joomla 3 administrator panel is easily managed on screen sizes of all kinds of devices.
- Enhanced Content Management - Take advantage of new features for managing your content. New features include content versioning, streamlined user experience, AJAX interface, WYSIWYG editor updates, and more.
- Implementor/Designer/Developer Features - With Joomla 3 there are lots of nice features that can help administrators, implementers, designers, and developers such as:
- Rapid Application Development (RAD)
- Template Manager has been redesigned and allows for more customizations
- Advanced Access Control
- Content Version Control
- Easier updating - Joomla 3 has a one click updater built in, so your updates can be managed by a non-technical administrator.
Some customers are still on version 1.5 and these sites URGENTLY need upgrading as this product cannot be easily updated, because fundamental changes in database structure have been made to accommodate and improve features within the website framework.
Contact us TODAY on 01732 832576 for advice and to discuss your update options and requirements.
- Wednesday, 16 July 2014